I'm in the middle of reading I,Robot: To Protect. In this book, power is a huge thing. The people that are above Susan Calvin in the hospital are convinced that means that they are also somehow more important as human beings. I mean, even though it's ridiculous, power really controlls how people think of each other and treat each other.
Power really defines our race. Both positive and negative things have come of it. Without the power that we had, there would be no civil rights or real independence. We would also not have had as many bad things in the world if not for power. Dictators have more power than they should and usually start bad things. Like Adolf Hitler and Kim Jong Il.
So is it good or bad or bad that power controls us. It can go either way. You can either look at great leaders or the worst dictators. Power corrupts us and gives us hope. There is no way to make a decision about whether it's good or bad. Power can influence anything but what it comes down to is how we use it.

No comments:
Post a Comment