Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

X-men and it's symbolism

I have to say that when you look at it, X-men is one of the biggest symbolisms for racism and how it seperates us.  Of course, it's pretty obvious but there are a lot of things more deep than; racism is bad.  I re-read X-men: Second Coming recently and noticed that people used to and some still are willing to go as far as trying to wipe out an entire race.  The Nazi's were trying to keep only "pure blooded" and "genetically correct" people alive in the world.  In X-men, people try to do that to mutants all the time.

I know that the stories are fake and everything, but in X-men, it got to a point where mutants were hated so much, they had to move to a special island they called Utopia.  It's ironic though because Utopia is anything but that.  They are constantly attacked and kept secrets from.  This reminds me alot of what old racism was llike.  Like how the KKK would constantly terrorize african americans.

The more that I write, the more that I think about how possible it would be for someone to wipe out an entire race in the present.  With all of our technology, even thought it seems difficult, it wouldn't be.  It's kind of scary to think about everything that could happen if someone had as much power as those who want to kill the X-men

No comments:

Post a Comment