Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Art
I believe that this painting was made to show all of the winding things that
life can bring to us. It seems to be that things are happening from all different angles and what is up for one person is down or sideways . The entire picture shows a highly confusing life.
I see people walking on doors like they are pavement and others are looking up at that pavement like it is the sky. There are people walking up the samestaircase that another person is walking down. For everyone, it does not seem strange that the other people have a different type of view than they do.
This work reflects humans and how they should see each other. There are many people in this world and therefore, there are many points of view.Everyone is entitled to have their own opinions on different topics. There are different morals and ethics in each person in the world. I believe that this is a painting that even if it wasn't meant to; is a great symbol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I agree. This piece of art shows that both our world and life is twisted. I think that you make an interesting point in the second paragraph about people having different views. Honestly, I don't think I would have thought that. I would probably say that the world is different, and maybe that people have different views, but I don't agree that it doesn't seem strange that the other people have different views. I think that people disagree all the time and that not everybody understands all perspectives.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. This painting represents all the possibilities in life. The good, the bad, confusing and weird. The painting has a lot going on but in the case of this painting it makes sense. It makes sense because there are a lot of things that happen in life in only a short amount of time. I really enjoyed your post!
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you opened up your response not just to you personally, but to the world and the the human race. I completely agreed with everything you wrote. You made it really easy to, as you were passionate in your configuring, structure and writing.
ReplyDeleteM. C. Escher is one of my favorite artists ever! (If you like his work, check out Belvedere, which is another one of his paintings.) I completely agree with your analysis on it. Everyone does have different opinions, and I love how this painting shows all these people and their opinions switched up and flipped to the point where they are actually on the same staircase. It's interesting how everyone in this picture represent different opinions, like you said, and how the structure would never logically stand. If someone attempted to build this, the building would collapse. I think that says a lot about the image. Good job, Quinn!
ReplyDelete