I'm reading Persepolis. It's about a girl who grew up during the Iranian Revolution. She had a difficult life. There was constant fear of bombings and family and friends dying. It got so bad that she had to go to Austria to stay safe. I think that the idea of a revolution sort of reflects whats happening in New York today. We are rebelling against a higher power to show that we deserve better. They were doing the same thing. Their country was being unfair and made unreasonable choices, same with us.
I believe that this book would be perfect for someone who is having troubles in todays society. It could be inspiring to them. Reading about someone who never lost hope could help them gain hope. Our nation has decisions made for us by 1%. Iran was in a monarchy. There are alot of similarities. For example; the fact that those in charge don't pay attention to the needs of others. I feel that if we keep hope that anyone could get through this.
Overall; I just think that our society reflects Marji's life. We all face hardships but we also get through them. Life can throw many challenges in your way but there is nothing you can't overcome. Ihope that other people can realize some of this and think that the book is a great guideline for getting through life.

No comments:
Post a Comment